Table of Contents
Sky Broadband User Credential Extraction
Sky broadband embed user login credential in their routers. If you want to use a third-party router, you have to use Wireshark to sniff it out1). Here is a summary of what you have to do:
- Connect to your SkyHub using an RJ45 cable.
- Fire up Wireshark, set capture filter to “udp port 67 or udp port 68”.
- Unplug the RJ11 (DSL) cable.
- Copy the captured packet as printable plaintext.
- You will see a string that looks like “xxxxxxxxxxxx@skydsl|yyyyyyyy”. Your username is xxxxxxxxxxxx@skydsl, and your password is yyyyyyyy.
The modulation settings should be2):
Getting it to work with OpenWRT
Finally you definitely want to delete all the existing ATM bridges. Otherwise your ADSL won't connect.